What is Link?
Link is a Ableton technology used for synchronising Serato DJ with other devices and applications, usually over a local network.
It can be used to synchronise two Serato DJ instances on separate computers, synchronise Serato DJ with other Digital Audio Workstations (such as Ableton Live), or other devices and applications.
What do I need to use Link?
- Serato DJ 1.9.3 or higher
- Serato DJ-compatible hardware
- An ad-hoc or local network connection (unless Ableton Live is being used with Link and Serato DJ on the same computer)
- If using Link to connect with Ableton - Ableton Live 9.6 or higher
- A Link compatible application
What applications can be controlled using Link?
Currently it's available with the following desktop applications;
- Ableton Live
- Serato DJ
It's also available via a multitude of iOS apps, and more desktop and mobile applications are planned to include support in the future.
For more information and up-to-date list of compatible applications, please refer to Ableton's Link website.
Ableton also have a more general Link FAQ.
How do I setup Link?