Serato Studio needs to recognize your connected audio output device correctly before it can utilize it.
You may have seen an error message in Serato Studio, with a ‘Learn More’ link leading you to this support article, after connecting your audio interface, Serato-compatible hardware, or speakers to your computer.
Below is a list of possible reasons for the failed connection, as well as some suggested solutions:
You do not have the correct drivers installed for your device
If using Serato Studio compatible hardware, check our connection troubleshooting guides, for Windows or macOS. If using a third-party device, consult that device's manufacturer user manual.
You are attempting to use an ASIO device that is not connected
Close Serato Studio, connect the relevant device, then re-launch Serato Studio.
Your device does not support the minimum required sample rate (44,100khz)
Connect an audio device that is able to support our minimum required Sample rate, check our What sound card sample rates does Serato Studio support? article for more information.
Your device is not connected at a supported sample rate
This is likely to only be experienced on Windows operating systems, please try the steps below to negotiate a supported Sample rate for your connected audio device.
- Close Serato Studio or any other Serato or audio applications.
- Open Control Panel → Sound.
- Under the Playback tab, right-click on the respective device, then choose Properties, then click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Default Format, click on the drop-down to choose an available Sample Rate (we recommend 441000 Hz or 48000 Hz, as per our What sound card sample rates does Serato Studio support? article)
- Click Apply to confirm your selection, before launching Serato Studio again.
NOTE: Changing the Sample Rate of connected audio devices may affect other applications you use these devices with, so remember to revert the settings above if you encounter any issues using other applications.
If you’re still having trouble after trying the suggestions above, or you have any other questions, please feel get in touch with our Support team, here.
It will greatly help our Support team, if you can include a report from within Serato Studio, after reproducing the issue - use the Generate Report function, from the Help menu in-app.