Serato Studio needs to recognize your connected audio inputs and outputs correctly before it can utilize them.
You may have seen one of the following two error messages in Serato Studio after connecting your audio interface or speakers to your computer, or when trying to select them as an Audio Output or Audio Input in Serato Studio:
Below is a list of possible reasons for the failed connection, as well as some suggested solutions:
You do not have the correct drivers installed for your device
If using Serato Studio compatible hardware, check our connection troubleshooting guides, for Windows or macOS. If using a third-party device, consult that device's manufacturer user manual.
You are attempting to use an ASIO device that is not connected
Close Serato Studio, connect the relevant device, then re-launch Serato Studio.
Your device does not support the minimum required sample rate (44,100khz)
Connect an audio device that is able to support our minimum required Sample rate, check our What sound card sample rates does Serato Studio support? article for more information.
Your device is not connected at a supported sample rate
This is likely to only be experienced on Windows operating systems, please try the steps below to negotiate a supported Sample rate for your connected audio device.
You may also need to follow these steps with the built-in soundcard in your computer, in order to change your input and outputs as desired, even if using an external/secondary audio device/soundcard.
- Close Serato Studio or any other Serato or audio applications.
- Open Control Panel → Sound.
- Under the Playback tab, right-click on the respective device, then choose Properties, then click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Default Format, click on the drop-down to choose an available Sample Rate (we recommend 441000 Hz or 48000 Hz, as per our What sound card sample rates does Serato Studio support? article)
- Under the Recording tab, right-click on the respective device, then choose Properties, then the Advanced tab.
Under Default Format, click on the drop-down to choose the same Sample Rate as you chose for your Playback (output) device above.
- Click Apply to confirm your selection, before launching Serato Studio again.
NOTE: Changing the Sample Rate of connected audio devices may affect other applications you use these devices with, so remember to revert the settings above if you encounter any issues using other applications.
If you’re still having trouble after trying the suggestions above, or you have any other questions, please feel get in touch with our Support team, here.
It will greatly help our Support team, if you can include a report from within Serato Studio, after reproducing the issue - use the Generate Report function, from the Help menu in-app.