If you've seen a Status Bar Error Message in Serato Studio, read on to find out what it means:
Error: no hard drive space for xx-Pack
You are running low on storage space and the Pack you are trying to install is unable to be completed due to insufficient remaining storage space. Free up some storage space on the partition or drive the Music/Serato Studio folder is contained on.
NOTE: It is not currently possible to install Packs in a location other than the one stipulated above.
Error: installing xx-Pack
Serato Studio is having trouble installing a content pack. This can happen for the following reasons:
- Incorrect Windows permissions have been set (Windows OS only). You can rectify this using the steps here:
- Right click on hard drive name in My Computer
- Go to Properties > Security > Click on Edit
- Select username that you log onto
- Tick the 'Allow' column for Full Control
- Click Apply then OK
- The content pack(s) you have downloaded was unzipped incorrectly*
- The content pack(s) failed to copy to the correct location*
- The content pack(s) failed to be added to the Serato Studio library*
* In each marked with an * case, try re-downloading the content then try to add the content pack to Serato Studio again.
Error: Loading/saving project or deck preset
If you get an error when trying to save a project or deck preset, it's possible you are running low on storage space. Free up some storage space on the partition or drive you are trying to save the project or deck preset to. It's also possible the location is no longer available, you don't have permission to write a file to this location, or the location doesn't have write access.
If you get an error when trying to load a project or deck preset, check the partition or drive the file is located on is still connected, still has read access, and that the asset is still located in the expected directory (in the case of a preset, or if loading a project from within the Library tab).
Error: Exporting Song WAV
This error can occur if the destination you are trying to export your track to, is no longer connected or mounted, does not have the correct write permissions, or has insufficient storage space available.
Reconnect your storage device, ensure it has the correct write permissions, or free up some storage space on the destination.
Error: Could not load this file, please try another file "Learn about supported file types"
This error can occur if the file type is unsupported or some corruption exists in the file. Try loading a different file type, or checkout the list of Supported File types in Serato Studio.
If the file is corrupt or does not conform to the file types supported in Serato Studio, you may try re-encoding the file using a third-party software.
If you are having trouble resolving any of the errors above, or have encountered an error not listed above, please get in touch with our Support team here: https://support.serato.com/hc/requests/new