1. Install the latest version of Serato DJ, here.
2. Open Serato DJ.
3. Connect your Rane device with a USB cable to the computer.
4. If the device does not connect, look for the Install Driver button in the right-hand panel. Click it. This launches the Rane driver installer. Follow the install directions. A reboot will be required.
5. After the computer has rebooted, open the device’s control panel. If the device is not recognised, a hot-plug may be required.
Windows: The device control panel icon is located in the Windows Control Panel.
Mac: The device control panel icon is located in the system preferences pane.
- Caution to Rane Sixty-Two users: Due to backwards compatibility issues, the 2.14 firmware version is not to be used with Scratch Live. If you have updated to the 2.14 firmware version and wish to use Scratch Live, please update your firmware to the 2.21 version. The1.6.3 version of Serato DJ includes the new driver needed to update the Rane Sixty-Two firmware to the latest 2.21 build.
6. If the Update Firmware panel is not greyed out, and the button is yellow, a firmware update is necessary. Click the Update Firmware button to update the device’s firmware.
7. Close the device control panel.
8. Open Serato DJ. Your Rane device should be recognised and connected with the decks visible.
WHAT IF THE RANE DEVICE IS STILL NOT RECOGNIZED?