macOS 10.15 Catalina has been out for a while now, and while there is a lot to love as a macOS user, it does require some additional steps not seen in previous versions of macOS, to get ready, and up and running when using Serato DJ Pro or Serato DJ Lite.
NOTE: Serato DJ Pro 2.3.0 and Serato DJ Lite 1.3.0 are the minimum versions supported with macOS 10.15 Catalina, however we recommend using the latest available version.
Before updating, it's important to check your hardware is compatible:
- macOS 10.15 Catalina - Serato DJ Pro and Lite software support and Primary hardware compatibility
- macOS 10.15 Catalina - Official Serato Accessory (OSA) compatibility
We also recommend ensuring your computer is optimised for use with macOS 10.15 Catalina, even if you've completed these steps in the past, as performing an OS update may cause some of them to revert:
Once you've confirmed compatibility and updated to macOS 10.15 Catalina, read on:
This step is required for almost all users, except those with hardware that is class compliant (meaning no additional driver is required for the hardware to connect to your computer and Serato DJ Pro or Lite). Without completing these steps, your controller, mixer, or interface will not work with your macOS 10.15 computer, and will not connect to Serato DJ Pro or Lite:
DVS / Recording
This step is required for users with DVS-capable hardware, or who intend to use the record feature in Serato DJ Pro. Without implementing this permission, you may not be able to monitor the control tone input from your Serato DVS-capable device, may not receive signal when trying to record, or may see other audio issues with certain devices:
- macOS 10.14 Mojave & macOS 10.15 Catalina require microphone (internal input) access for Serato DJ Pro
This step is required to access external USB disks, secondary partitions, or any storage device outside of your boot partition (where your operating system is installed). Without implementing this permission, you may not be able to see or access files from these devices in Serato DJ Pro or Serato DJ Lite:
- macOS 10.15 Catalina requires removable volume permissions for Serato DJ Pro & Serato DJ Lite to access external drives
Apple Music (formerly known as iTunes)
Apple Music should just work with Serato DJ Pro & Serato DJ Lite, but making the recommended settings in the guides below will make the whole experience smoother and will give you greater insight into how Apple Music works with Serato:
- Using Apple's Music application (iTunes) on macOS 10.15 Catalina with Serato DJ software
- Apple Music - Why do my tracks take so long to load into Serato DJ Pro & Lite?
- macOS 10.14 Mojave & 10.15 Catalina require microphone (internal input) access for Serato DJ Lite
- Screensaver initiates while Serato DJ Pro is running & in focus on macOS 10.14 Mojave and macOS 10.15 Catalina