Screenshots in this guide are using the latest current iteration at time of writing, of FL Studio 12.
- Make sure that you've installed Serato Sample, as per the Installation Guide
- For Serato Sample to work in FL Studio, make sure to install the VST Plug-In
- Open FL Studio, in the task bar click OPTIONS and then click MANAGE PLUG INS.
Your list of existing Plug-Ins will appear on the right hand side of this window.
- Click the START SCAN button in the top left of FL Studio Plug-In Manager. When the scan is complete any new plug ins will appear highlighted in YELLOW.
- Close FL Studio Plug-In Manager
- Your Plugin database will appear in the left hand panel of your project window. Click INSTALLED then click GENERATORS. Serato Sample will appear within both the NEW and VST instrument clusters and highlighted in yellow. (NOTE: Sample cannot be used as an EFFECT VST)
- To open an instance of Serato Sample, simply click on the VST and drag and drop to a new instrument channel.
NOTE: When triggering MIDI or drawing into the Piano Roll, the range must be between C3-D#4.
TIP: You can also enable the 'Typing Keyboard' in FL Studio by pressing 'Ctrl + T' on your keyboard. You can then choose the range for it by right-clicking the icon and selecting 'C3', as per the image below;
For further support using FL Studio please visit the Image-Line knowledge base, http://www.image-line.com/support/.