Follow the steps below to install Serato Sample on macOS:
- Download Serato Sample, then open macOS Finder and locate the Serato Sample.pkg installer, usually in your default download location.
- Double-click the installer, to begin installation, then click Continue in the initial Serato Sample Installer screen:
- The software license agreement will appear - please read the terms carefully, then choose Continue, and then Agree, in the subsequent dialog box.
- a) In the Installation Type section, review the required space required to install the plug-in, then click Install to proceed with a standard install, which includes all Serato Sample plugin formats. b) If you wish to install only specific plugin formats, choose Customise, then select the packages that correspond to either AudioUnit, VST, or VST3, then click Install:
- Next, you may be required to give the Installer both user permission (enter your user password, then click Install software) and file/folder access (click OK):
- After installation has completed, you will be notified. Click Close in the final prompt:
Follow the steps below to install Serato Sample on Windows:
- Download Serato Sample, then open Windows Explorer and locate the Serato Sample.zip file, usually in your default download location.
- Extract the Serato Sample Installer.exe file from the Serato Sample.zip file, and double-click on the Serato Sample Installer.exe file to launch the Installer:
- The Serato - User License Agreement will appear - please read the license agreement carefully, then tick the I agree to the license terms and conditions checkbox, and choose Install:
- Depending on your Windows settings, you may see the following UAC (user account control) prompt asking you for permission to install the plug-in. Choose Yes to approve these prompts and continue the installation process:
- The Serato Sample Installer will now open the Serato Sample Setup Wizard. Click Next at the initial setup prompt:
- At the next prompt, choose your plug-in format choices, and installation location. For most users the default location (and format choices - both VST & VST3) should be adequate. Then choose Next, when ready:
- Finally, choose Install at the last prompt before the actual installation proceeds, and after installation has finished, choose Finish, and then Close on the final two prompts:
Loading the plug-in into your supported DAW requires specific instructions.
Please refer to your DAW user manual or check-out Setup Guides, below;
Not using one of these DAWs? Read this article.