Serato Stems can be used in several different ways, depending on the functionality you require. When using Stems, the Serato DJ Pro main waveform will dynamically change color to correspond with the change in audio.
NOTE: Using Stems immediately after loading a track to the virtual deck may result in a short delay before isolation is audible. Learn about more about this, in Preparing tracks for use with Stems
Acapella & Instrumental
Quick buttons for isolating Acapella (vocal) and Instrumental Stems are available at all times in the virtual deck area:
- Load a track to the virtual deck, then click the Acapella button to quickly isolate vocals:
- Load a track to the virtual deck, then click the Instrumental button to quickly isolate instruments:
With your Serato DJ primary hardware connected, or when using Serato Play in 2 deck mode, the Stems Tab becomes available, which allows for more granular control of Stems, and Stems-based FX to be applied, all by toggling the Stem pads on or off.
Any combination of Stem Pads (blue) or Stem Pad FX (orange) can be toggled simultaneously.
- Click the Stems Tab button to reveal additional Stems controls:
- Click the Vocal Stem pad to mute vocals in the playing track:
- Click the Melody Stem pad to mute the melody in the playing track:
- Click the Bass Stem pad to mute the bass in the playing track:
- Click the Drums Stem pad to mute the drums in the playing track:
Stems Pad FX
- Click the FX Vocal Echo pad to mute and apply an echo out effect to the vocals:
- Click the FX Instrumental Echo pad to mute and apply an echo out effect to the instruments:
- Click the Instrumental Braker FX pad button to mute and apply a braker effect to the instruments:
- Click the FX Drums Echo pad button to mute and apply an echo out effect to the drums: