Please note the instructions below are adapted from Roland's guide via their website: https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/dj-808/updates_drivers/
Follow the steps carefully and consult with Roland support directly, if you are not confident, as Serato cannot be held responsible for any issues that occur with your device as result.
NOTE: It's extremely important you do not power off your device or disconnect it from your computer while performing the steps below.
- Download the System Program file from the DJ-808 updates & drivers page on Roland's website.
- Connect the DJ-808 to your computer via the USB cable, then hold down the CLEAR button (upper right corner of the top of the device) on your Roland DJ-808 while turning on the Power.
- In macOS Finder or Windows Explorer, navigate to the Roland disk then copy the DJ808_UPD.bin file from the DJ808_sys_v110 folder (from step 1 above), into the Roland disk.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your DJ-808, and with the power cable still connected, press the CLEAR button again to begin the update. Once the Fin message appears in the display on your DJ-808 shows, turn the power of your DJ-808 off and on again.
- While waiting for the device to turn on again, if the CLEAR button flashes, wait until it has stopped flashing.
Factory Reset the device to complete TR-S update & load the latest tona data from the firmware update above
NOTE: This will delete all settings and patterns created by the user. Refer to Roland's guide above to back-up and restore user settings and patterns.
- Disconnect the USB cable between your computer and DJ-808.
- While the DJ-808 is powered off, hold the BACK button near the middle of the unit, and turn on the POWER.
- The START/STOP button will flash, press it to begin the Factory Rest process. ONLY once the display on the DJ-808 shows OK, press the POWER button to turn the device off, then on again.