Serato DJ Pro 2.5.0 brings a simplified way to manage your Serato licenses, however we acknowledge some users may not be able to upgrade to the latest release, or may require the use of an older version of Serato DJ Pro.
The steps below are relevant to users on Serato DJ Pro 2.4.6 or older. For activating your Serato DJ licenses in Serato DJ Pro 2.5.0 or newer, please read our steps on Activation from the Serato DJ Pro user manual. Or our How to deactivate your Serato products & licenses to use on another computer. To learn more about which versions of Serato DJ Pro are compatible with which operating systems, read our Serato Software / Operating System compatibility article.
Activation is only necessary for Serato DJ Lite controllers, or Club Kit mixers looking to upgrade to or use Serato DJ Pro. Other supported Serato DJ Pro hardware will not need activation as they have been natively designed to work with Serato DJ Pro and do not require a license.
To see a full list of supported Serato DJ Pro Controllers click on the VIEW COMPATIBLE DEVICES button inside Serato DJ, or check out the Serato DJ Hardware page to see a complete list of supported controllers.
To find out whether your hardware requires an upgrade license to use Serato DJ Pro, check out our Do I need a Serato DJ Pro or DVS upgrade licence? article.
Try Serato DJ Pro
If you have a supported Serato DJ Lite controller, or Club Kit mixer connected, you can try Serato DJ Pro free for 14 days.
1. Ensure you have your Serato DJ Lite controller or Club Kit mixer connected
2. Open Serato DJ Pro. You should see a pop-up asking you to 'Try Serato DJ Pro 14 DAY FREE TRIAL'. Click the 'Start trial' button.
If you find that this pop-up does not appear, click on the 'Start Trial' button in the bottom right corner of Serato DJ Pro to bring up this pop up.
3. An online window will launch and request your email address. If you have an existing Serato.com account. please use this login email and password. If you do not have a Serato.com account, enter your email, then click 'Continue'. Create your new account by entering a password, then clicking 'Create account'.
4. Select the 'START 14 DAY TRIAL' button.
Your free 14 day Serato DJ Pro trial will now begin. The remaining days you have left to use the trial will be displayed in the bottom right corner:
NOTE: The 14-day trial licence is linked with the ID of your computer and your Serato.com user account - If the ID or computer name of your machine changes you will get an Error code when starting Serato DJ Pro and you will not be able to use your trial.
Buy or Subscribe to Serato DJ Pro
You can purchase Serato DJ Pro and Expansion packs as a one-off purchase, or via a subscription. To find out more about pricing, please visit https://serato.com/dj/pricing.
Simply choose BUY or SUBSCRIBE and follow the steps as prompted to complete your purchase. The Serato.com account used to purchase your products is the one you'll use to sign-in to Serato DJ Pro to activate your products.
If you're unsure as to which products you should buy, or which products are compatible with your hardware, please read our Do I need a Serato DJ Pro or DVS upgrade license article, or Open a help request and our team will do their best to assist you.
NOTE: You are able to activate Serato DJ Pro on one main computer and one backup computer. If you wish to deactivate a license to use it on another computer, use the Deactivate your Serato licenses to use on another computer section, near the bottom of this article.
Activating a Serato DJ Pro or Expansion pack license
If you have purchased a Serato DJ Pro license previously, follow these instructions to complete the activation:
- Open Serato DJ Pro (2.4.6 or older)
Click the 'My Serato' button in the top right corner of the Serato DJ Pro interface, and log in using the Serato.com account you purchased your products with.
- Click on the 'Activate' button under each licence in the 'My Products' tab:
- Once you have activated your Serato DJ Pro license, close the MY SERATO window to return to the Serato DJ Pro interface.
NOTE: You are able to activate your Serato DJ Pro on one main computer, and one backup computer. If you wish to deactivate your license and use Serato DJ Pro on another computer, follow the steps here.
Deactivating your Serato licenses to use on another computer
Some products require a license to be activated before use. If the product license (registered to your serato.com user account) is not activated on your computer you will not be able to use it.
Serato products* can be activated on up to four computers (one main computer and one backup computer). If you have exceeded your maximum activations or are swapping computers you may find yourself needing to deactivate your license(s).
*Excluding our Pitch 'n Time Pro and Pitch 'n Time LE Plugins for Pro Tools and Logic, which can only have one ilok activation at one time.
If you find yourself in one of these situations:
- You just got a new laptop and you have already used all of your activations up on your current computers
- You’re selling your laptop to someone and want to make sure you don’t give away your licenses with it
- You need to replace the hard drive in your computer and need to deactivate your license.
- Your Serato software is indicating a licensing error.
You can manage & deactivate your licenses through your Serato.com Account page, from any computer you are signed in on
- Click on the following link to go to the Manage Devices page on your serato.com account: https://account.serato.com/#/devices
- In the middle of the page will be a card (or series of cards), locate the card with the computer you are trying to deactivate.
- Select 'Deactivate this device', then confirm this action in the pop-up confirmation
- Note the green banner near the top of the cards to confirm the computer has been successfully deactivated.
NOTE: This process is not available for Serato Sample. Read this guide for activating and deactivating Serato Sample activation & deactivation.
Troubleshooting Serato DJ Pro activations
If you are having issues activating your Serato DJ Pro license, and are receiving an error, try the following:
- Make sure you have deactivated from an old computer before trying to activate on a new computer.
Make sure your computer name or ID has not been changed. If you have changed the name of your computer or user account then the license will not match.
Make sure you have not changed hard drives, or any computer components since you last activated Serato DJ Pro - this can also cause the license not to match.
Make sure you are signing in with the correct Serato.com account that the license was purchased with.
Make sure you have a stable internet connection, if you are experiencing network issues turn your internet router off and back on again. Also try removing and creating a new network connection.
Make sure you are not exceeding your maximum license activations.
NOTE: If you receive an error code when activating, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or open a help request here. Please provide as much detail as possible, including the email you purchased the license with, and the error code or any information you received.