Scratch Banks are now available as a performance pad mode, on a variety of Serato-compatible hardware.
NOTE: In some cases, a firmware update is required to use the Scratch Banks feature, so please ensure you have the latest, respective firmware for your mixer installed. For all devices, please ensure you have the latest version of Serato DJ Pro installed.
Scratch Banks is a pad mode allowing you to assign scratch samples and tracks in your Serato DJ Pro library to a pad. When that pad is triggered, the corresponding file will be loaded to deck, allowing you to quickly change samples and spend more time focusing on your routine.
Toggle the Scratch Banks pad mode:
- Rane Seventy-Two and Seventy-Two MKII: Press the SAMPLER pad mode button three times
- Rane Seventy/Seventy A-Trak Signature edition: Press the SAMPLER pad mode button twice
- Rane ONE: Press the SAMPLER pad mode button, while holding SHIFT
- Reloop Elite: Press the SAMPLER pad mode button twice, while holding SHIFT
- Pioneer DJ DJM-S11: Press the SAMPLER pad mode button, while holding SHIFT
- Pioneer DJ DDJ-FLX6: Press the SAMPLER pad mode button, while holding SHIFT
Click on the Scratch Banks panel toggle button (pictured below) in the top left-hand corner of the Serato DJ Pro user interface, to reveal the Scratch Banks panel.
Here you can click and drag tracks into slots in the Scratch Banks panel, adjust preferences that are remembered when the respective Pad is triggered and loaded to a deck, and eject tracks. You can reveal those preferences (such as start point, Key lock on/off, and Repeat on/off) by toggling between Advanced and Simple view in the Scratch Banks panel, by clicking the toggle button (pictured below).
The left set of pads will load Scratch Bank assigned tracks to Deck 1, and the right set of pads will load assigned tracks to Deck 2. Holding SHIFT on your device, while pressing an assigned/loaded Pad, will reload the previously loaded track to that Pad/Scratch Bank slot.
Use the Parameter Left & Right controls on your device, to cycle through Scratch Bank banks.