Serato DJ Pro 2.3.3 introduces support for the Pioneer XDJ-XZ. Before reading on, check-out our walkthrough video below:
How do I connect the XDJ-XZ to Serato DJ Pro?
As this device offers hybrid functionality, connection is a little different to some prior Pioneer devices. Please follow the steps below to get started with Serato DJ Pro and your XDJ-XZ device.
- Ensure you have the latest driver installed. The Pioneer DJ XDJ-XZ driver can be found on Pioneer's XDJ-XZ support area, here
- Ensure you have the latest firmware installed. The Pioneer XDJ-XZ requires firmware version 1.10 at minimum, to work with Serato DJ Pro. Download the latest firmware from Pioneer's website, here. Check the firmware update instructions to learn how to update, here
- Ensure you have the latest version of Serato DJ Pro (2.3.3 or higher) installed, and launch it, with the XDJ-XZ connected via it's USB connection.
- Press the LINK button on the XDJ-XZ, then use the LOAD 1 and LOAD 2 buttons to enable control for and assign, each virtual deck in Serato DJ Pro. Serato DJ Pro's virtual deck needs to be in INT or Internal mode to ensure control (unless using Serato DVS).
NOTE: You can also watch this step, from a time-stamped link from the video above, here.
- Once going, use the BROWSE button on the XDJ-XZ to swap between Library & Waveform views.
How do I swap deck layers, to control decks 3 & 4 in Serato DJ Pro?
To swap deck layers on the XDJ-XZ, you can either press the SHIFT button twice (per deck), or by pressing the SHORTCUT button on the XDJ-XZ - then using the on-screen buttons to individually swap layers.
How do I use Serato DVS with the XDJ-XZ?
Simply ensure the Serato DVS expansion pack is activated and enabled, under SETUP --> EXPANSION PACKS --> VINYL/CDJ CONTROL, then follow the steps below to choose a control tone input type (depending whether you are using phono turntables or line-level turntables or media players:
- Connect your DVS control device via the CH3 & CH4 inputs on the back of the XDJ-XZ, ensuring you match your line-level or phono-level device to the corresponding physical input.
- Press and hold the MENU button on the XDJ-XZ to enter the UTILITY menu on the on-screen display of the device itself.
- Turn the BROWSE knob on the XDJ-XZ to scroll down the list and under the MIXER subsection, and highlight the CH3 CONTROL TONE & CH4 CONTROL TONE options, then press in on the knob, and turn it again, to toggle between LINE or PHONO options.
- Now launch Serato DJ Pro, with your XDJ-XZ connected via USB, and ensure virtual decks 3 & 4 are either in REL (Relative) or ABS (Absolute) depending on your play mode preference.
Help, my played tracks don't show as 'played', nor do they appear in my History panel sessions?
The XDJ-XZ requires that MIDI Send is enabled. This can be adjusted by navigating and changing the preference to Utility Settings > Settings Preference > Mixer > Mixer MIDI Message > Send, for further information, please consult page 126 of the Pioneer XDJ-XZ user manual, here.
For more information about controls on the XDJ-XZ and how they relate to Serato DJ Pro, please refer to the Serato DJ Pro quick-start guide, here, or for more information on the Pioneer specific controls, try the Pioneer user manual, here.