Soundcloud can be used as a music streaming provider for use with Serato DJ Lite.
Got any further questions after completing the steps in this guide? See our Serato DJ Lite & Soundcloud - Frequently Asked Questions
Log-in to SoundCloud via Serato DJ Lite
To use SoundCloud with Serato DJ Lite, you must have an active subscription or current trial of SoundCloud Go+, and you must have installed Serato DJ Lite 1.1 or above.
Log-in to SoundCloud via Serato DJ Lite with the following steps:
1. Open Serato DJ Lite
2. Navigate to Setup --> Library + Display --> Music Streaming
3. Enable Show Streaming Services, then select SoundCloud from the services:
4. Finally choose Sign up / Login to SoundCloud to redirect to your browser and log-in, sign-up, or 'continue' using your SoundCloud account (if you're already signed in)
5. After confirming you should be presented with a browser pop-up, asking to redirect you back to Serato DJ Lite - click 'Allow':
NOTE: The pop-up maybe worded a little differently depending on your operating system or internet browser of choice, or logged-in status.
6. Once back in Serato DJ Lite, you'll now notice the music streaming section indicates a logged in account (you can also change your streaming quality option here):
Using SoundCloud playlists in Serato DJ Lite
Playlists can be created and edited via SoundCloud's website. Check out SoundCloud's Serato integration article here
Once you've created a playlist, expand the SoundCloud, and then Playlists and Albums option in the crates / playlists pane of Serato DJ Lite, to reveal your playlists:
NOTE: It's not currently possible to create or edit SoundCloud playlists within Serato DJ Lite, nor is it possible to add SoundCloud tracks to Serato crates or smart crates.
Searching for SoundCloud tracks in Serato DJ Lite
Click on the Streaming Search button next to the search box in Serato DJ Lite, once you've enabled SoundCloud as a streaming service.
Once clicked on, search focus will change to the 'ALL' crate, with streaming (and non-streaming) tracks now available for searching. Clicking the button again will revert focus back to the track and crate you had previously selected.
If your internet connection or connection to the server fails, the Streaming Search button will be greyed out.