Converting/stripping ID3 tags
Why would I want to do this?
If you are having trouble with tag information in your Serato software which you have entered in iTunes, this might be due to iTunes' handling of different versions of ID3.
If you're not sure about whether or not you need to do this, make sure before you follow these instructions. Start a Help Request, by selecting your software and clicking "Get Help" so we can assist you with this process.
Note: This will delete any cues or loops you might have in your files. You might want to try this on one track first to see if it will actually solve the tag related problem you are experiencing.
1. Completely quit all programs.
2. Open iTunes.
3. Click on your Music to show all the songs in your library.
4. Select all (command + A for Mac) (control + A for Windows).
5. Right click anywhere on the selected files.
6. Select convert id3 tags.
7. Tick the id3 tag version and select none.
8. Click OK.
9. Now again, right click on the selected files.
10. Select convert id3 tag.
11. Tick the id3 tag version and select 2.3.
12. Click OK.
If you are still experiencing issues, as mentioned earlier, please start a Help Request by selecting your software and clicking "Get Help" so we can assist you further.