We are aware of an issue that can result in a lack of audio output when Serato DJ Pro or Serato DJ Lite is used without hardware connected (offline, Practice, and Play modes) on Windows 10 & 11 operating systems
It's likely that you will see the software master output light up and virtual decks spin, but no actual audio output can be heard, and this usually happens as soon as the application is launched.
We believe this is due to Serato DJ Pro & Lite being unable to adequately connect to input devices, of which the default on most computers, is the built-in microphone.
This affects Windows 10 & 11 users, and occurs with Serato DJ Pro 2.6.0 or Serato DJ Lite 1.6.0 or higher. It only occurs when using either software without Serato primary hardware connected.
We are continuing to investigate the issue, but you can use the following workaround, which should resolve the issue;
- Click the Start button, then type "Microphone privacy settings"
- Click on the Microphone Privacy settings app result
- Enable Allow apps to access your microphone
- Scroll further down the page, and enable Allow desktop apps to access your microphone
- Finally, it's highly recommended that you restart Serato DJ Pro or Lite if you already had them open/hadn't closed them after making the required changes above.