We are aware of an issue whereby Serato DJ Pro or Serato DJ Lite may refuse to launch on some Windows computers with both integrated and discrete (AMD or NVIDIA) graphics, when the affected computer is not set to utilize the included discrete graphics
If you notice an error like the one displayed below, when trying to launch Serato DJ Pro or Lite, then it's likely your computer is affected:
Users with only integrated graphics are not likely to be affected.
How do I resolve this?
Ensure Serato DJ Pro and/or Serato DJ Lite are set to use your discrete graphics, by making the changes listed below
Please follow the AMD steps if you have an AMD product, or follow the NVIDIA steps if you have an NVIDIA product, however, the steps under ALL users, should be followed regardless of your discrete graphics product.
NOTE: In both examples below where Serato DJ Pro.exe or Serato DJ Lite .exe is specified, you can find this via the following, default install path: C:\Program Files\Serato\Serato DJ Pro or C:\Program Files\Serato\Serato DJ Lite\
Users with discrete AMD graphics only
- Right-click on your Windows desktop, and choose AMD Catalyst Control Center or Configure Switchable Graphics. You can also search for the former option in the Windows Start menu, then click on the result to navigate there.
- Click Browse, then add Serato DJ Pro.exe or Serato DJ Lite.exe as an application, then choose High Performance, (rather than Power Saving)
Users with discrete NVIDIA graphics only
- Right-click on your Windows desktop, and choose NVIDIA Control Panel. You can also search for the former option in the Windows Start menu, then click on the result to navigate there.
- Click Manage 3D Settings, then Program Settings.
- Add Serato DJ Pro.exe or Serato DJ Lite.exe as an application, then change the preferred graphics processor to High Performance NVIDIA processor.
- Click on the Start menu, then search for edit power plan and click on the resulting option:
- Choose Change advanced power settings in the power plan window:
- Under Switchable Dynamic Graphics > Global Settings, choose Maximize Performance, for both On battery and Plugged in:
Finally, click Apply then OK to confirm your changes.
After completing all of the relevant steps above, please try re-launching Serato DJ Pro, or Serato DJ Lite.
NOTE: The suggested settings above may result in a decreased battery life on your laptop, however, we strongly recommend only using Serato DJ Pro or Lite with your laptop power adapter connected.