We are aware of a severe hang, that we believe is caused by the Apple security update 2020-002, for devices with macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra installed. Installing the security update can result in a hang in Serato DJ Pro & Serato DJ Lite, that requires a force restart of your Mac computer.
UPDATE: As of June 1st, 2020, Apple has released a subsequent security patch update entitled 2020-003, that our testing indicates resolves the issue described above.
Please click the Apple link below and choose 'download', via Apple's Support article: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2041?locale=en_NZ
To check which update you have installed, follow the steps below:
- Apple icon (top left corner of your macOS UI) --> About this mac --> System report
- Navigate to Software --> Installations
- Click the 'Install Date' column twice to order installed apps & updates by 'most recent'
- Scroll down to installations & updates from or after the 24th March 2020 (when the 2020-002 update was released), and look for the following item:
- Scroll down to installations & updates that have been applied on, or after June 1st, 2020 (when the 2020-003 update was released), and look for the further following item: