There is a number of 4-channel Serato DJ controllers out there that support the DVS Expansion pack. Some hardware can support DVS control on all 4 channels, and some hardware only supports DVS control on 2 channels.
When wanting to use DVS control with your controller, remember that:
- Not all controllers are created equal
- You can only use a PHONO level turntable with a PHONO level input
- Some controllers do not have 4 PHONO level inputs, which mean you will not be able to connect 4 phono level turntables.
- Some controllers like the Pioneer DDJ-SX2 only have 2 channels that are compatible with DVS control. Due to this hardware limitation you will only be able to use DVS on channels 1 and 2 with devices like the DDJ-SX2.
- Some controllers, like the Numark N4 and Denon DJ MC6000MK2 have PHONO/LINE inputs on channels 3 & 4, so DVS is only available on these channels.
- Mixers like the Pioneer DJM-900NXS and DJM-850 only have PHONO inputs for Turntables on channels 1 and 4.
We recommend you read the Quick Start Guide applicable to your hardware to find out more about how to use all of the available features.
NOTE: to control Serato Video with Turntables, your supported hardware needs to have PHONO/LINE inputs on channels 1 & 2. These are the 2 decks used by Serato Video. Serato Video can not be used on decks 3 and 4.