Activating Serato DJ
If you have purchased a Serato DJ license, follow these instructions to complete the activation:
1. Ensure you have your compatible controller connected.
2. Open Serato DJ.
3. Click the BUY/ACTIVATE button in the license panel on the right hand side.
4. Use your existing serato.com or whitelabel.net user account login email and password to login.
5. Select the controller and click on ACTIVATE to activate Serato DJ on your computer.
NOTE: If you receive an error message when activating, usually this means you have already registered your account using another computer (or computer ID) or you are trying to restore a licence from a computer that has already used a trial licence.
Troubleshooting Serato DJ activation problems
If you have used or activated Serato DJ on another computer previously, or have since changed your computers configurations since the last time you used Serato DJ, you might receive the following:
Error Code #4 = This means the license ID does not match the current machine. Possible reason: the computer hardware have changed, upgraded or renamed (BIOS, motherboard, hard-disks etc).
Error Code #5 = The license content is invalid. Possible reason: The licence may have been changed manually, or been corrupted. You will need to contact the Support Team about this error, we might need to reset your licence if you have tried all possible troubleshooting.
If you are having issues activating Serato DJ check the following:
- Try activating again
- Restart your computer
- Make sure you are signing in with the correct Serato.com user account that has the licence registered.
- Check your controller is connected properly.
- Make sure your computer ID/machine name has not changed (ie. reformatting your hard drive or changing the machine ID name).
- Make sure computer hardware/components have not been replaced. If you replace components within your computer you may experience issues.
- Check your computer Date and Time settings are correct. These need to be set to the correct time in System Preferences/Control Panel.
- Make sure you have deactivated from any previous computers, before activating a new computer.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection when activating. Try creating a new internet or network connection if you are having issues.
If you have used Serato DJ on another computer, and are now unable to activate your new computer - chances are you might not have 'deactivated' on your previous computer before moving to the new one.
Managing your Serato DJ activations
Once you have activated the software, you deactivate and activate your licenses by clicking the MY SERATO button in the license panel.
Here you can deactivate Serato DJ, in order to activate Serato DJ on another computer. Make sure you have deactivated from any previous computers, before activating a new computer. You can also find out more information about how many computers you can activate Serato DJ on.
If you get stuck, or need further assistance activating Serato DJ please contact our support team with all the relevant information and all the troubleshooting steps you have tried.